Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

New member,long time keurig user

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

New member,long time keurig user

Postby marksatrucker » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Greetings everyone. came across the forum while trying to trouble shoot a B70 platinum issue. Bought my first machine (B70) 3 years ago and have had minimal issues. First the exit needle was clogged. Recently it quit brewing coffee and finally i got the descale msg. I have descaled it twice leaving the vinegar sitting for at least 5 hrs. After descaling, water came out fine. Then next day with a K-Cup, same old same old. machine would start brewing with nothing coming out. Today i called Keurig tech,surprised they work on sundays. The woman told me to remove the K-cup holder and brew 3 small cups. she told me this gets the air out of the system. Is this true? I figured after 3 years maybe the pump was shot. Any way we will see tomorrow morn. I did however break tto temptation and bought the new Vue. It was in sale at target for 50 bucks off. Hopefully it was a wise purchase. Anyway , just stopping in to say hello, heres a pic of my lineup.

marksatrucker

Re: New member,long time keurig user

Postby jar » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Keeps us posted on the laying on of hands of your B-70.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby jbviau » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:51 pm

+1 on the welcome. Not sure about the advice you got from Keurig, but it's easy enough to try. I probably would have done it over the phone while she waited. Enjoy the Vue!
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby marksatrucker » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:13 pm

jbviau wrote:+1 on the welcome. Not sure about the advice you got from Keurig, but it's easy enough to try. I probably would have done it over the phone while she waited. Enjoy the Vue!

Thanks, i actaully was on the phone with her while i performed the procedure as she wanted the Serial # of the B70 to add to their list of issues. She waited while i put 3 cycles of just water thru the machine with the cup holder removed. Then she asked me to brew a cup. Naturally it worked fine. The issue usually starts when the machine turns back on the next morn. and i try to brew a cup. we will see tomorrrow in the AM. Since the B70 will be the backup, i may follow the instructions that were posted on the forum to disassemble the machine and try to find an issue. its already out of warranty any way.
marksatrucker

Postby marksatrucker » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:42 pm

well, same old same old. Descaled machine 2X on sunday, then continued to run water thru system. Cleaned the bottom needle as well as the upper needle. Got a good thick stream of water coming out. In the morning, tried to brew a cup and got nothing first. then about 1/8" of coffe came out. Called keurig, they said if wate comes out then the needle on the cup holder iis shot. Even though the machine is out of warranty for almost 2 years they are sending it free. Personally, i think the machine is DONE. I wonder if the pump isnt strong enough to push water thru the K-cup.
marksatrucker

Postby jbviau » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:13 pm

I have a feeling you're right that the new needle won't help. If it doesn't, don't be afraid to call again and ask what else can be done.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby smity » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Keurig is limited on parts to order from them. Last resort you will be offered a nice price on a new B70.
Bunn my cafe, refurbed Bunn my cafe mc, Behmor 1600 coffee roaster, refurbed baratza virtuoso, french press
smity

Postby marksatrucker » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:28 pm

smity wrote:Keurig is limited on parts to order from them. Last resort you will be offered a nice price on a new B70.

probably right, i'm surprised they are sending me parts for a brewer 2 years out of warranty. I hope my new Vue brewer lasts at least 3 years.
marksatrucker

Postby MichFan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Welcome to the forums! You'll have to let us know how you're liking the Vue.

Re: out of warranty service, Keurig just sent me a free KCup holder for my 7yr old B60. They have always been great about this kind of stuff.
MichFan

Postby marksatrucker » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:50 pm

MichFan wrote:Welcome to the forums! You'll have to let us know how you're liking the Vue.

Re: out of warranty service, Keurig just sent me a free KCup holder for my 7yr old B60. They have always been great about this kind of stuff.

Glad keurig has decent customer service. Only put 5 cups thru the Vue so far. When it turns on and heats up, its much quieter than the B70 but louder when brewing. Love the hotter water temps and cup sizes. Personally when i select the stonger brew menu, the coffee does taste better.
marksatrucker

Postby marksatrucker » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:57 pm

So the new cup holder came from Keurig today. Filled the machine with water, then ran some water thru without a K-cup to purge any air( its been sitting for a week unplugged) Water came out good . Then i put a K-Cup in. It brewed a full cup of coffee first shot. Maybe Keurig was right, we will see tomorrow in the A.M.
Usually prob;em starts when machine is sitting idle overnight.
marksatrucker

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines