Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

New Keurig Vue brewer [V700]

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

New Keurig Vue brewer [V700]

Postby kcupper » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Mod note: Jump to page 9 for the release and most up-to-date info. Prior to that, what you'll find is (a) an interesting discussion of prototypes/precursors and (b) leaks/rumors concerning the V700 (many of which turned out to be on the right track).

It's called the K*****g V**. You think I'm kidding but seriously, if I put the real name in there, I think this post would be removed. No really... I found a LOT of search results with hardly any that were good links. It wasn't long ago there was a lot of talk about this next generation technology from K*****g. Now, however things are pretty quiet and it seems almost as though it never existed but for a few vague references. For something as big as this, I can find almost nothing. And so I'm leaving the actual brand name off this post because I wonder if it might be removed. It seems that every decent link referring to "it" and its accompanying pod is dead! Posts removed, 404 errors, dead links... c'mon. There was a rumor that "According to very, very good sources" this thing would be rolling out in Mid-February at Bed, Bath and... well, you know. That's like 3 weeks away! But that page is gone now. I am pretty sure that any pages concerning the brewer and the alleged rollout are being scrubbed. For instance, I found a link to an actress with a Facebook page where she brags that she just shot a commercial for it. When you click on the link to visit her FB page, the post is gone. Search all you want and you will find very little on this brewer. It apparently will cost about $250. Yikes! Is supposed to use RFID technology (something they've been working on since 2009) and from what I've heard, comes with a 16 pack that costs about $13. The new pods will apparently make a variety of drinks (lattes. cappuccinos, etc.) other than simple brewed coffee. You might think I'm being a bit paranoid or dramatic, but something is up and the folks in Vermont are trying very, very hard to keep a lid on this I think. Rumors are usually a good thing that companies use to start a buzz. But for whatever reason, the silence is deafening... at least to me.
Comments? Revelations? Accusations of insanity?
Last edited by jbviau on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: edited title for clarity/ease of reference
kcupper

Re: Next Gen K*****g V** Brewer

Postby jar » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Felling better now?
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby hotwasabipeas » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:19 pm

OOOHHH your post is making me excited!
SB Verismo 580, Tassimo T65, Keurig B70 & Vue V700, Nuova Simonelli Oscar: My website: http://www.planetwasabi.com
hotwasabipeas

Postby VydorScope » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Go head and post the name, it wont be deleted.
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Postby VydorScope » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:07 pm

VydorScope wrote:Go head and post the name, it wont be deleted.

See... its even been mentioned here already...

http://www.singleservecoffee.com/archives/033489.php

So if you have more real details, please post with out fear.

And looks like Keruig has a trade make on Keurig Vue so I am guess that is what you are referring to.
Vincent
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
VydorScope

Postby VydorScope » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:12 pm

2 more mins of digging found the text of the trademark

VUE
By: Keurig, Incorporated
Dried fruit contained in plastic cartridges having filters, for use in brewing machines
Coffee, tea or cocoa contained in plastic cartridges having filters, for use in brewing machines

Sounds interesting.
Vincent
VydorScope

Postby jbviau » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:54 pm

Welcome, kcupper. By all means, please spill the beans! You wouldn't happen to work for Keurig or Starbucks, would you? Feels like stealth marketing...
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby jbviau » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:15 pm

Some related chatter:

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Busin ... ff=1&dir=b
http://gmcr.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa ... thread=972

If it's really the "Vue," that's so Saturn-esque. I was hoping for V60! :roll:
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby hotwasabipeas » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:14 am

This is getting exciting people! Here's some pics of the new VUE brewer....I will post even more info shortly but enjoy the sexy pics for now! :D
SB Verismo 580, Tassimo T65, Keurig B70 & Vue V700, Nuova Simonelli Oscar: My website: http://www.planetwasabi.com
hotwasabipeas

Postby jbviau » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:22 am

Did you download those .pdf files to get these? Too funny. Hmm, I'm not sure about "sexy" here. Is that where you add water on the top left in front? If so, seems like a pretty narrow opening. If the thing has touch screen technology (may or may not--just guessing), why is there a dedicated brew button? So many questions... ;)
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby hotwasabipeas » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:39 am

Yes I did download the pdf files from another coffee site but I just had to share all the info with everyone on this fabulous site! I also have the manual downloaded but I don't think I can attach it in my post, at least I don't think there is a way to attach files is there? :( The brewer has a touch screen and you can pick what size you want to brew and also the strength! You can pick from either Regular or Strong for the brew strength and you can change the water temperature from 187F up to 197F. Finally we can brew hotter than 192F!
hotwasabipeas

Postby jbviau » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:50 am

Thanks. You could post a few pics of various parts of the manual if you're willing. I'm curious about the strength selection you mentioned.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby EricBNC » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:07 am

beauty is in the eye of the beholder but what I am beholding isn't pressing the beauty button in my brain - looks like something from a transformers movie...
EricBNC

Postby jbviau » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:22 am

jbviau wrote:I'm curious about the strength selection you mentioned...

From what appears to be the manual (thanks, Pea Man!):

"The strength of the brew can be controlled by selecting the Regular or Strong selections on the Touch Screen. If you wish to have a more robust cup of coffee select Strong setting. The brewing process is slowed down to allow the water to have more contact time with the coffee grinds.

NOTE: The Strong brew strength setting takes longer to brew compared to the Regular setting. In addition, the brew stream may vary due to the internal pulsing of the brewing mechanism."
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Re: New Keurig "Vue" brewer [B80V]

Postby jbviau » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:34 am

Other tidbits from the manual, assuming it's authentic (looks like it):

1. You can purge the inner tank.
2. It has a "receiving antenna."
3. There's lots of talk in there of "V-Cups."
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Next

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines