Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Nespresso capsules getting stuck in the holder?

Dolce Gusto, Nespresso, Lavazza, and others.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Nespresso capsules getting stuck in the holder?

Postby nocturne1 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:43 pm

I've had my Le Cube for around a year now, and for the last month or so, I've been having a problem...

Every couple of days, the capsules will get stuck in the holder itself. Yes, I tend to leave the capsule in their overnight, but this never was a problem until recently. The only way to get it out is to leave the lever in the up position and press the button to start the water flow, pushing it out of the metal sheath.

Anyone else have problems like this? Yeah yeah, I know, remove each capsule immediately after brewing. But lets assume that's not an option....

Wonder if I should take this opportunity to return/upgrade to a Lattissima at W-S....
nocturne1

Postby jtapscot » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:07 pm

I don't know why that wouldn't be an option. It takes only seconds to brew a shot.
According to the instructions, you shot run a cycle of water without a cartridge after each day's use. Maybe it's not so much the cartridge being left in as much as it is the missing cleaning cycle.
I have occasionally forgotten to do this, but have never had that problem.
I think that The Cube and the C100 are the same machine with a different housing.
James.............................
Currently own:
Bunn My Cafe (Enjoyed at Home)
Senseo Pod Brewer (Relegated to Work)
Nespresso C100 (For when I need a Shot)
French Press (For Hurricanes and Outages)
Aerocino (Easiest frothed milk ever)
jtapscot

Postby jar » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:50 pm

I actually run a shot cycle after each cup. It takes so little effort to raise and lower the lever and press the button that it just seemed the right thing to do. I even keep an espresso cup beside the machine to catch the clean cycle.

You might also want to do a descale on the machine to get out any gummy residue that is stuck in the sleeve area.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby nocturne1 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:06 pm

Ironically, it was descaled about a month ago, right around when the problem started occurring.

Just seems odd that this would start happening after using it the same way for a year....
nocturne1

Postby jar » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:29 pm

nocturne1 wrote:Ironically, it was descaled about a month ago, right around when the problem started occurring.

Just seems odd that this would start happening after using it the same way for a year....

It does not take much buildup in the area to hang up capsules. Just one leaking overnight should do it.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby kschles » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:11 pm

That happened to me from time to time with my C100. I used a little paring knife to pry the cartridge loose - works very well; but I think it's a good idea to eject the cartridge right after you use it.
Ken

Aeropress
CBTL Contata, Kaldi
Clever Coffee Dripper
Breville Milk Cafe Frother
Espro Press
kschles

Postby nocturne1 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:08 am

So in other words, I'm the defective one. ;)

I'll try to change. If not, I guess I'll return myself. :D
nocturne1

Return to Other Single Serve Coffee Machines