Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Keurig coffee suddenly watery

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Keurig coffee suddenly watery

Postby iamgregor » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:12 pm

It was working wonderfully before, but now, each cup seems really watery. This is complicated by the fact that we just got new boxes of k-cups in the mail so we don't know if it's the cups or the machine, but two different Timothy's brand coffee types are having the same problem. I'm using the exact same size cup so nothing should have changed :(
iamgregor

Re: Keurig coffee suddenly watery

Postby jbviau » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:48 pm

iamgregor wrote:I'm using the exact same size cup so nothing should have changed

Welcome. Sorry to hear it! Same cup *setting* or same cup? If the former, my suggestion would be to try brewing water only into a measuring cup and see how much you get.

p.s. In before jar says to call Keurig. ;)
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby iamgregor » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:52 pm

And I will call them, but I wanted to see if there was something simple first. It's kind of depressing to know that we've only had the thing for about a month and it's already having problems :(
iamgregor

Postby iamgregor » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:34 pm

Oh, and same cup, same size, same settings, same amount of sugar, same everything. I kind of got it down to a science when we went through the variety pack :)

EDIT: Just called tech support and cleaning out the needles yielded a small piece of foil that got stuck. It was throwing off the water amount by a whole ounce (we measured). So now it's perfect! I haven't brewed yet, but with a whole ounce difference in water, I expect it will be much better :)

He said that popping the k-cup down onto the bottom needle before lowering the upper lid will help to prevent that in the future. Sweet :D
iamgregor

Postby vespacar » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:43 pm

Thanks for all the info, hasn't happened to me yet, but when it does I won't be pulling out my hair, I'll actually be looking at the needle. Just wish the pump issues were such an easy fix!

Cheers,
vespacar
Lavazza Blue LB 2312, Grindmaster OPOD, Nespresso Le Cube,
Breville "The milk Cafe" frother, Cuisinart SS-700C
vespacar

Postby tech450 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:37 am

I have the same problem. Suddenly every cup I fix is watery and tasteless. I called service and they me also to clean out the needles. I did so several times but the problem persists. I am also pressing the kcups down on the needle but nothing seems to help. It worked fine for only about 2 days before this started. Service said they would send me a new needle assembly but if that doesn't work the machine is going back.
tech450

Postby jbviau » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:54 am

Welcome. Yup, use that warranty, if necessary! Making single-serve coffee shouldn't be complicated.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines