Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Keurig blowing a fuse

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Keurig blowing a fuse

Postby sistergldnhair66 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:58 pm

What a horror show this will be tomorrow morning when I can't have my coffee! Today this started, when I turn on my B70, the fuse blows in the kitchen. My hubby says it's the coffee make not being grounded? Any experts that can advise me? or have heard of this happening before?
New to Single Serve w/ a Keurig B70 and LOVING every minute of it!
sistergldnhair66

Postby jar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Sure sounds like a short in the machine. Time to stop and call Keurig.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby jbaross04 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:15 pm

My Keurig b70 isn't grounded. I have one of those 3 prong to 2 prong plugs. I haven't blown a fuse. Do you know what is attatched to the fuse? Sometimes plugs in other rooms are also attatched to the same fuse, so if you add something that takes a lot of voltage then that causes blown fuses.
jbaross04

Postby sistergldnhair66 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:14 pm

Well..I called Keurig. This current machine was replaced under warranty almost 2 years ago. The great CSR extended the warranty and a new machine is currently on the way. KUDOS to Keurig for their excellent Customer Service.

BTW, the man seems to think that the heater got gunked up from the water, as we use faucet water (well water) to fill the resevoir. He said that the heater coil got gunked up and then it caused the breaker to sense this and shut off. He advised that if we use well water to fill it then we should descale the machine 1x per month, or else use bottled water.
New to Single Serve w/ a Keurig B70 and LOVING every minute of it!
sistergldnhair66

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines