Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Keurig B60 Weak Coffee?

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Keurig B60 Weak Coffee?

Postby bluedeuce4 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:44 pm

Does the Keurig B60 make weak lousy coffee? Alot of reviews are saying this. And are the cup size of coffee small?Should i buy one or look at something else?Thanks
bluedeuce4

Postby starryeyes » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:08 pm

I'm fairly new to this machine and I find the coffee fine, strength-wise. I usually use the 8 oz. cup setting for most coffee and the extra-bolds are good on the 10 oz. setting. I haven't tried many different kinds yet so that may change. Usually I like a medium strength coffee with an occasional dark extra bold, and the ones I've tried so far have been quite nice.
starryeyes

Postby ranin02 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:13 pm

I love my B60. Love, love, love it. I do not like weak coffee. I stick to extra-bold k-cups, of which there is a good selection, and find they are generally best at the 8oz size, but some will stretch to the 10 oz size. I get raves about the coffee from visitors, and know several people who have gone out and bought one after trying coffee from mine.

It can be hard to get a sense statistically from this site -- if you look at reviews on Amazon for the B60, B70, etc. you will find that they are mostly positive -- the B60 averages 4.5 stars out of 5 from 392 reviewers, and the B70 averages 4.5 stars out of 5 from 212 reviews.

That being said, there are some who have not been happy with it, ymmv.
ranin02

Postby starryeyes » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:20 pm

I also love my machine. It's the best purchase I've made for the kitchen and I'm drinking more coffee than ever.
starryeyes

Re: Keurig B60 Weak Coffee?

Postby VydorScope » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:14 pm

bluedeuce4 wrote:Does the Keurig B60 make weak lousy coffee? Alot of reviews are saying this. And are the cup size of coffee small?Should i buy one or look at something else?Thanks

Yes it makes WEAK coffee, NO it does NOT make lousy coffee. :)

Most people that have them stick mainly with "extra bolds" brew only on the smaller sizes to compesate for this.

BUT KEEP IN MIND Coffee strength is RELATIVE to the taster. Brewing the same grinds, with the same water, etc in a pod machine will tend to yield a stronger cup then in the Keurig. But if you like the results, then who cares? :)
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Postby jeff1014 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:38 am

My personal tastes in coffee left me wanting more than I could get from the keurig. Because I drink my coffee with no additives(cream & Sugar) there is nothing to mask the flavor of the coffee. I do not drink coffee any way but black and unflavored. As was said by Vincent, coffee taste is determined on an individual basis. Weak coffee, yes, bad coffee, only determined on an individual basis.

In retrospect, the machine was fine, I was just not at all happy with the coffee available.
Bunn My Cafe-Tassimo-Cuisinart SS-1
Keurig B 60 (retired)
Senseo (the $15 one)
all above destroyed by lightning except the Senseo and replaced with
New Tassimo, new Bunn MC-1 new Keurig VUE v600
Coffee Preference=Black, strong,rich & smooth
jeff1014

Postby kschles » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:29 am

After my Cuisinart SS-1 recently died, I decided to take a chance on a Keurig. I was a little worried, because I had read some reviews where folks weren't happy with the coffee quality, although most reviews I saw were pretty up-beat. I like a strong cup, and brewed my coffee in the Cuisinart on the "bold" setting at 6oz.

I've been really happy with my Keurig B60. I use the smallest setting (5.25oz), which is fine with me. The extra bold cups make a strong, flavorfull cup. What surprised me was how much I like some of the non-extra bold cups (I'm at a friend's house - off on a trip, so I don't have my coffee diary with me, or I'd list a few). Of course, I've also tried some cups I thought were a bit weak or not to my taste.

I highly recommend the Keurig!!!
Ken

Aeropress
CBTL Contata, Kaldi
Clever Coffee Dripper
Breville Milk Cafe Frother
Espro Press
kschles

No, it does not make WEAK COFFEE

Postby GreenLight » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:02 pm

I have a B70 Platinum, and it makes a very strong cup of coffee if you use the right K-Cups (extra bold).
Here are my favorites, and all of these make a good strong cup on the 8oz. setting:

Coffee People Black Tiger Extra Bold (smooth and delicious)
Emeril's Big Easy Bold (yumm)
Gloria Jean's Black Gold Extra Bold (excellent)
Gloria Jean's Sumatra Dark Extra Bold (excellent)
Green Mountain Newman's Own Special Blend (not as strong, but delicious)
Green Mountain Sumatran Reserve Extra Bold (smooth and delicious, my very favorite)
Timothy's Rainforest Espresso Extra Bold (irresistible)
Timothy's Sumatran Gold Extra Bold (mmmmmm)
Keurig B30 (at the office)
Keurig B70 Platinum, K-Cup bliss
Coffee preference: dark, extra bold, black
GreenLight

Postby Alice2 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:56 am

Those are all dark roasts, though, so look for extra bolds in medium roasts if you don't like dark roasts.

Fair Trade Willi Willi
Ethiopian Kimsa (was that an EB? I forget)
Kona Blend

Those are all TImothy's coffees.

Van Houtte Columbian Medium
Caribou Columbian

from the top of my head. They might not all say EB's but they are all not wimpy cups of coffee -- at the 7.5 drop level of course!
KitchenAid Single-- Keurig B30 red-- Keurig B30 black (non-leaking version)-- KitchenAid Compact 4-Cupper ('cute lil' red coffeemaker)-- Mr. Coffee Drip (don't ask why, it just is.) I nailed a re-tread to my feet and I prayed for better weather
Alice2

Postby javapro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:02 am

I'm also disappointed with the strength of the coffee. I've tried several stronger brews that make an almost decent cup of coffee but I prefer a strong brew so I wanted to grind and brew my own. I use excellent beans, grind it the same as in the manufactured K-cup, add the recommended amount, but I always get a mediocre cup of coffee.
Had I known that I would have little or no control over the brew strength,I would not have purchased it. I suppose if you prefer milder brews its a great machine.
javapro

Postby jbviau » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:29 pm

Welcome. What adapter are you using? Also, what cup size (in oz.)? Re: brew strength...

jbviau wrote:...here's a breakdown of how much ground coffee k-cups contain for future reference (NB: the weights below are pre-brew averages with 4 grams subtracted for packaging):

Typical k-cups: 9 grams
Extra bold k-cups: 11 grams
Rogers OneCups: 11 grams
Starbucks k-cups: 12-13 grams
"Travel mug" k-cups: 13 grams
Barista Prima k-cups: 14 grams
revv: 14 grams
"Brew Over Ice" k-cups: 14 grams
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby brianbotkiller » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:09 pm

Have you cleaned the machine properly recently?
brianbotkiller

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines