Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Keurig B60 Blue Lights

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Keurig B60 Blue Lights

Postby Maxwell » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:22 am

Good Morning All,

Decided to give my Keurig B50 to my parents and picked up a B60 for myself. I basically use the Keurig and the Nespresso on a daily basis. Kind of got sick of the Tassimo and retired it until some new blends come out. My question pertains to the blue back lighting on the new B60. Is it supposed to stay on all of the time?? My 6 year old who learns about conservation in school is always walking by and closing it. He said I shouldn't waste electricity. Hard to argue with you six year old on something like that. Anyone have any ideas on just how much it uses/wastes?? Also, wouldn't you think the blue light on the water tank would burn out quickly if on 24/7?
Maxwell

Re: Keurig B60 Blue Lights

Postby deCadmus » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:15 am

Maxwell wrote:Good Morning All,

Decided to give my Keurig B50 to my parents and picked up a B60 for myself. I basically use the Keurig and the Nespresso on a daily basis. Kind of got sick of the Tassimo and retired it until some new blends come out. My question pertains to the blue back lighting on the new B60. Is it supposed to stay on all of the time?? My 6 year old who learns about conservation in school is always walking by and closing it. He said I shouldn't waste electricity. Hard to argue with you six year old on something like that. Anyone have any ideas on just how much it uses/wastes?? Also, wouldn't you think the blue light on the water tank would burn out quickly if on 24/7?

The lamps on the Keurig brewers (B60 and B70) are light emitting diodes, or LEDs. They are super energy-efficient... in general about 10 *times* more efficient than the same candle-power incandescent bulb... in the case of the lights on the brewer I think you're looking at a total of about 3 watts.

Will it burn out quickly? In a word, no. You're looking at about 100,000 hours of lamp life, or about eleven and a half years of use if you run it 24 hours a day.

I *do* recommend that you use the on and off timers so that you're not keeping your boiler at brew temp overnite... unless you tend to grab a cup at 3am, like I sometimes do. ;)
Doug Cadmus
"The Web Guy"
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
www.GreenMountainCoffee.com
deCadmus

B60 Blue Light

Postby Maxwell » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:30 am

Thanks!!! I will share that with my 6 year old.. Love the blue lights!! One more quick question.. Is the blue light on the water tank supposed to be faint or really light up the water. Mine is faint and just shows the water line in a bit of blue. Thanks..
Maxwell

Re: B60 Blue Light

Postby deCadmus » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:35 am

Maxwell wrote:Thanks!!! I will share that with my 6 year old.. Love the blue lights!! One more quick question.. Is the blue light on the water tank supposed to be faint or really light up the water. Mine is faint and just shows the water line in a bit of blue. Thanks..

The B60 lighting is pretty diffused 'cause there's a smokey, semi-opaque quality to the reservoir itself. The B70 is a fair amount brighter, as the reservoir itself is something of a very pale blue, and more translucent.
Doug Cadmus
"The Web Guy"
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
www.GreenMountainCoffee.com
deCadmus

Re: Keurig B60 Blue Lights

Postby Team TMC » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:23 am

This is really nice and this is what I am looking. Could I get these in Australia? And do you think it will look good in Cafe?
Protection!
Team TMC

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines