Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Keurig 2.0

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Keurig 2.0

Postby jbviau » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Good coverage of GMCR Investor Day from Shoffee. Keurig Cold? Keurig Water? Check it out:

http://www.shoffeeblog.com/2013/09/gmcr ... 0-hot.html

Also, there's some commentary here: http://gmcr.proboards.com/thread/1717/i ... day?page=4
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Re: Keurig 2.0

Postby GmanJenks » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:46 pm

I might be missing something but my immediate reaction is ZZZzzz...

I didn't see anything that would make me want to upgrade to this new machine.
GmanJenks

Postby jbviau » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:08 am

Right, the presentation seems to have been short on details. If I were a Vue owner/user, I'd probably be unhappy.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby rahl1972 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Actually...I saw this coming. I parted with my Vue brewer a little bit back. I'm actually quite excited about this 2.0 machine. It looks as though it incorporates the best features of the Vue machine into it but will be compatible with all the formats. The fact that it is going to work somewhat like a Tassimo with a code scanner is even better. I'll be getting this machine for sure.
Keurig 2.0 K500
Breville One Touch tea maker
Bunn MC
Technivorm Moccamaster
Breville Dual Boiler espresso machine
rahl1972

Postby evelbug » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:25 pm

This looks like something Keurig should have done in the first place when they came out with the Vue.
---
Rik "EVEL Bug" Crosby
Keurig B60 at home, Krups 1010 retired, Aeropress in the trailer, Bodum French Press at work
evelbug

Postby CoffeeIcon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:33 pm

If Keurig does make this machine read only "Keurig Brewed" K-cups, then kiss goodbye over 150+ new selections from other companies. There are other machines that will hit the market that will brew any K-cup, portion pack from any manufacturer. So if Keurig does this, the retailer's across America will be highly upset with the return rate of their own private labels in single serve that no longer work in the very machines they will sell.
MORE Portion packs than Keurig.com! - Choose from over 300 K-cups/Portion Packs. Green Mountain, Martinsons, Brown Gold, Higgins & Burke, Marley Coffee, Second Cup, Brooklyn Beans, Red Rose Tea, Caza Trail, San Francisco, Community Coffee & More.
CoffeeIcon

Postby rhfil » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:01 pm

There are enough k-cup machines out there right now and growing to support the unlicensed manufacturers for a very long time. And there is no definite proof that the new 2.0 technology will not accept unlicensed cups. Possibly the unlicensed cups will require input by the consumer which the 2.0 cups will do automatically. For GMCR to prevent unlicensed cups from working at all in the 2.0 brewers is likely to cause consumers to think the problem is with the brewer and not with the cup.
I think that GMCR learned from the Vue that requiring consumers to upgrade their machines to restart the manufacturer's patent protection is not a very good idea.
rhfil

Postby rahl1972 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:20 pm

My guess is that it will brew all k-cups but if it is the type with the code on it it will be a one touch brew.
Keurig 2.0 K500
Bunn MC
Technivorm Moccamaster
rahl1972

Re: Keurig 2.0 :?:

Postby hankl » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:59 am

Any update on when Keurig 2.0 will be available? Need to replace my existing Keurig.

Thanks
hankl

Postby rahl1972 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:06 am

It is supposed to be sometime early to mid 2014 last I heard.
Keurig 2.0 K500
Bunn MC
Technivorm Moccamaster
rahl1972

Postby hankl » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks for the update
hankl

Postby rhfil » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:45 pm

Keurig 2.0 will not accept knock-offs:
"Let me first address the portion packs. Our organization is preparing to launch our next generation hot platform which will deliver the best Keurig consumer experience yet. We've learned from prior product introductions, in particular the Vue, and we'll do things differently with our new Keurig 2.0 platform.

While we're still not willing to discuss specifics about the platform for competitive reasons, we are confident it delivers game-changing performance. To ensure the system delivers on the promise of excellent quality beverages produced simply and consistently every brew every time, we use interactive technology to help us perfectly brew all Keurig brew packs. Because of this the system will not brew unlicensed packs."
Brian Kelley, GMCR CEO, from Q4 Conference Call today.
rhfil

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines