Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

K-cups in a Bunn My Cafe (MCU)

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Re: K-cups in a Bunn My Cafe (MCU)

Postby JavaMonkey80 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:20 pm

ricoffee wrote:We're extremely impressed on the quality of cup you get from the K-cup drawer and more so the ground coffee drawer.

Exactly the reason why I want one. I'm so disappointed that no one in Canada sells them.
JavaMonkey80

Postby rahl1972 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:16 pm

Just picked this machine up and am very impressed with it. As a side note....I don't find the pulse brew needed for k-cups. With the pulse brew and an 8oz drop I found the coffee to be too strong for me. The same size without the pulse brew was perfect though. I highly recommend this machine
Keurig 2.0 K500
Breville One Touch tea maker
Bunn MC
Technivorm Moccamaster
Breville Dual Boiler espresso machine
rahl1972

Postby jbviau » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:15 am

ricoffee wrote:Unfortunately we've been told it won't be available to us here in Canada until the New Year, both the MCU and the separate drawers to use with the MC. We're extremely impressed on the quality of cup you get from the K-cup drawer and more so the ground coffee drawer. Can't wait to get them in!

Thanks for letting us know, Patrick.

Gary, mothers-in-law are not to be messed with, I guess. Does yours live nearby at least? You could go "help set it up"/experiment to your heart's content in a few weeks once the box has been opened...

rahl, nice! Which k-cups did you not need pulsing with?

I've been following the tracking on my own drawers, which are supposed to arrive Mon.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby rahl1972 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:14 am

I got a box of the Newmans blend. The pulse made it way too strong form my taste.
Keurig 2.0 K500
Bunn MC
Technivorm Moccamaster
rahl1972

Postby JavaMonkey80 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:13 am

rahl1972 wrote:Just picked this machine up and am very impressed with it. As a side note....I don't find the pulse brew needed for k-cups. With the pulse brew and an 8oz drop I found the coffee to be too strong for me. The same size without the pulse brew was perfect though. I highly recommend this machine

That's definitely good to know.
JavaMonkey80

Postby GmanJenks » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:41 am

Gary, mothers-in-law are not to be messed with, I guess. Does yours live nearby at least? You could go "help set it up"/experiment to your heart's content in a few weeks once the box has been opened...

Josh, is it too politically incorrect to say she lives to close? The plan is for the MCU to go to the summer beach house so I will use it there and may get to experiment with it once it's open. After all someone will need to teach her how to use it.
GmanJenks

Postby TomC » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:20 am

GmanJenks wrote:Josh, is it too politically incorrect to say she lives to close? The plan is for the MCU to go to the summer beach house so I will use it there and may get to experiment with it once it's open. After all someone will need to teach her how to use it.

Gary,
Speaking from experience, it's definitely too politically incorrect. And may lead to a severely shortened lifespan for you. At the very least, your marriage might suffer the shortened lifespan. It did in my case, but that was a good thing as it turned out. :D
Don't make another mistake I also made by commenting about "Teaching old dogs new tricks" either, if you want your homelife to continue to run smooth. OOPS!
Never said I was the brightest bulb in the string when my dander is up. :D
At Work: Bunn MCU, CBTL Kaldi, Aeroccino 3
At Home: Bunn MCU, Nespresso D-120 Citiz with milk, Francis-Francis X-7, Cuisinart DBM-8 grinder, Perfect Pod Maker, various vintage vac pots, French presses, auto drip pots, gadgets and manual pour-overs
TomC

Postby TheCoffeeArtisan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:51 am

jbviau wrote:I've been following the tracking on my own drawers

Out of context, You could really take this statement completely the wrong way. :roll:
250+ Coffee and Tea Pods from The Coffee Artisan, Fratello, Cafejo, Reunion Island, Baronet, Solera, Organa, City Steam, Barnie's, JavaOne, Melitta and Wolfgang Puck
Bunn, Grindmaster and Baratza Equipment
The Coffee Artisan
TheCoffeeArtisan

Postby jar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:17 am

GmanJenks wrote:

Josh, is it too politically incorrect to say she lives to close? The plan is for the MCU to go to the summer beach house so I will use it there and may get to experiment with it once it's open. After all someone will need to teach her how to use it.

I was once accused of never saying anything nice about the wife's family, but pointed out that was not true. After all I thought her in-laws were much nicer than mine.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby jbviau » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Ha! As long as we don't move on to talking about the tracking on our in-laws' drawers I think we'll be ok... 8)
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby rahl1972 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:45 am

Another side note. The box of k-cups I have been using have had the really puffed up and tight tops. I brewed two k-cups in a row tonight that leaked water out all over the place between the drawer and the spray head. I checked the drawer and didn't find any clogs. I then decided to take a small needle and pierce the center of the top of the k-cup and flattened the top out before trying a third one. This time it worked like a charm. It would seem that the same problem with the puffy tops that gives the Keurig Vue problems....gives the Bunn MCU cup drawer problems too. Irritating. I can see this happening to good number of people that have just gotten this machine and in turn not being very impressed. Unfortunately this seems to be a problem with the making of the k-cups lately and not so much a machine problem.
Keurig 2.0 K500
Bunn MC
Technivorm Moccamaster
rahl1972

Postby jbviau » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:12 pm

^^^ Good tip.

Happy news: my drawers arrived today.

Sad news: this morning, my Bunn MC developed the dreaded "leak all over the counter from the bottom" problem that some (early adopters especially) have encountered. Lousy timing, no?! A replacement should be here by the end of the week (thanks to Amanda@BUNN).

See below for relative drawer height (left to right: k-cup, ground coffee, water, and pod). The last two are identical in terms of height.

Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby smity » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Wowzer! :mrgreen: Received and used the wonderfull coffee ground drawer today! Love it, Love it Love it!! I have been making wonderfull home made pods with rested fresh roast coffee beans from the behmor. I was happy if I had good sense. The coffee drawer surpasses that. The coffee was nice and dark thru dispersion. I was afraid it would be like used motor oil, but its wonderfull :P Thank you Bunn
Bunn my cafe, refurbed Bunn my cafe mc, Behmor 1600 coffee roaster, refurbed baratza virtuoso, french press
smity

Postby jbviau » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:19 am

^^^ Sounds good, smity!

A little trivia now...

sweaner wrote:[re: the ground coffee drawer] ...The filter Chad showed is essentially a mini version of that found in the Trifecta MB. It lets some fines through in the Trifecta, but not many...

I won't be able to test this out until Weds. at the earliest when my replacement MC arrives, but the metal filters do look similar; see below (Trifecta's filter on the left, MC ground coffee drawer's lower filter on the right). If I had to guess based on the old eyeball test, I'd say the Trifecta's is a bit finer-gauged.

Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby smity » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Chad used a aeropress disc in the Bunn coffee drawer to improve flavor. Eric posted 2 years ago on a illy metal disc from his krupps machine he used to help extraction of his older Bunn machine. post82062.html?hilit=krupps#p82062\ I used the illy disc in the coffee ground drawer and it yields a richer extraction of coffee. It's like drinking french press coffee with the wonderfull mouthfeel and taste of the oils and no sediment in the cup. I wish the Bunn my cafe home had a on/off switch, water reservoir , and be able to use larger travel mugs. Still a happy camper, but want more :D
Bunn my cafe, refurbed Bunn my cafe mc, Behmor 1600 coffee roaster, refurbed baratza virtuoso, french press
smity

PreviousNext

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines