Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Emptying the internal tank - Keurig B-70??

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Emptying the internal tank - Keurig B-70??

Postby neeliec » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:00 pm

I KNOW I found instructions somewhere on how to do this, even though I'm sure Keurig does not condone it.

Does anyone remember seeing this info anywhere on this forum?

Or does anyone have the procedure down?

Help would be appreciated!
:D
neeliec

Postby EFaden » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:11 pm

Good luck. I tried to empty the one on the Cuisinart SS-700. I eventually just gave up and returned it to BB&B and then got a new one where I was going. IMHO this is a FATAL design flaw with all of the Keurigs. As per the instructions I don't remember where, but I believe that you just have to manually hold the water sensor up and just tell it to brew.
EFaden

Postby jbviau » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:50 pm

EFaden wrote:Good luck. I tried to empty the one on the Cuisinart SS-700. I eventually just gave up and returned it to BB&B and then got a new one where I was going. IMHO this is a FATAL design flaw with all of the Keurigs. As per the instructions I don't remember where, but I believe that you just have to manually hold the water sensor up and just tell it to brew.

Right, reaching inside the water reservoir and holding up the float, for lack of a better word, while brewing works reasonably well.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby EricBNC » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:52 pm

jbviau wrote:
EFaden wrote:Good luck. I tried to empty the one on the Cuisinart SS-700. I eventually just gave up and returned it to BB&B and then got a new one where I was going. IMHO this is a FATAL design flaw with all of the Keurigs. As per the instructions I don't remember where, but I believe that you just have to manually hold the water sensor up and just tell it to brew.

Right, reaching inside the water reservoir and holding up the float, for lack of a better word, while brewing works reasonably well.

I wonder what this does to the boiler?
EricBNC

Postby EFaden » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:53 pm

As a side note, I tried this with the original SS-700. It emptied some, but not all.
EFaden

Postby EFaden » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:54 pm

EricBNC wrote:
jbviau wrote:

I wonder what this does to the boiler?

Who knows.... I wondered myself though. Either way it is a design flaw.
EFaden

Postby neeliec » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:23 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! I might give that try, but would hate to ruin the machine altogether. It's going to be a standby in case my latest new one fails. The old one kind of works, but it takes several brew attempts to get a full cup.

I wrote all about my trials and tribulations with Keurig brewers in another posting on this forum called Keurig brewers - too many problems! (Rant)
if you care to get the background on my machine issues.
neeliec

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines