Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Daily Chef at Sam's Club

Write your reviews of K-Cups and Vue Packs you find here.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Daily Chef at Sam's Club

Postby debron » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Has anyone tried the Daily Chef k cups at Sam's Club?? I think they are Sam's Club own brand.
debron

Re: Daily Chef at Sam's Club

Postby jbviau » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Welcome, and nice find! First I'd heard. Will add this to the aftermarket list.

For the curious: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/daily-chef ... 7910164.ip
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby dslasvegas » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:52 am

I've had the displeasure of trying this product from Daily Chef sold at Sam's Club. The 1st few k-cups worked without fail and had a rich / good flavor.
However, soon after that we began to experience problems when trying to brew a cup and have been unsuccessful since. After beginning a brew cycle everything appeared normal until the end, at which point coffee grounds would begin to flow into the mug. After lifting the lever to remove the k-cup, we noticed the hole at the top in the foil was much larger than other k-cups and is where we believe the grounds would overflow out of and into the brewed cup. One k-cup looked as though the top (for better words) exploded open during the brew process which caused grounds to flow into the brewed cup.

Now, I'm all for a thick / rich cup of coffee, but I haven't had to chew my coffee since I tried a Turkish blend coffee served at a German restaurant. :D

Just my 2 cents.

-dslasvegas
dslasvegas

Postby jbviau » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:57 am

^^^ Welcome, and thanks for the review.
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby dsharp88 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:22 pm

dslasvegas wrote:I've had the displeasure of trying this product from Daily Chef sold at Sam's Club. The 1st few k-cups worked without fail and had a rich / good flavor.
However, soon after that we began to experience problems when trying to brew a cup and have been unsuccessful since. After beginning a brew cycle everything appeared normal until the end, at which point coffee grounds would begin to flow into the mug. After lifting the lever to remove the k-cup, we noticed the hole at the top in the foil was much larger than other k-cups and is where we believe the grounds would overflow out of and into the brewed cup. One k-cup looked as though the top (for better words) exploded open during the brew process which caused grounds to flow into the brewed cup.

Now, I'm all for a thick / rich cup of coffee, but I haven't had to chew my coffee since I tried a Turkish blend coffee served at a German restaurant. :D

Just my 2 cents.

-dslasvegas

Good review! What others have you tried? What have you liked? BTW, I've tried to make turkish coffee in an ibrik, too. I don't get it, either. At least a press pot gets you most of a very rich cup before you're down to the sludge at the very bottom. With Turkish coffee, it's sludge almost from the start.
dsharp88

Postby dslasvegas » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm

dsharp88 wrote:Good review! What others have you tried? What have you liked? BTW, I've tried to make turkish coffee in an ibrik, too. I don't get it, either. At least a press pot gets you most of a very rich cup before you're down to the sludge at the very bottom. With Turkish coffee, it's sludge almost from the start.

We've tried various, the ones I recall are:

Jet Fuel - wife's favorite
Black Tiger
Kona - My favorite
Newman's Own Organic blend - another favorite
Donut House
Caribou Blend - wife's favorite
Chocolate Glazed Donut - this was....ok
Dunkin Donuts Dark roast - Horrid
Dunkin Donuts light roast - ok - not worth the extra $$$
Revv
Butter Toffee
Wild Mountain Blueberry
Emeril's Big Easy Bold
Hazelnut
Caramel Vanilla Cream
Wolf Gang Pucks - Breakfast in Bed
Kahlua
Wolf Gang Pucks - Jamaica Me Crazy - My favorite
Southern Pecan
Raspberry Chocolate Truffle - wife's favorite
German Chocolate Cake - my favorite
Cinnamon Roll - bleh....
Starbucks blend - not worth the $$$$

Just to name a few. The ones we always have in our house is Caribou and Kona.

Just picked up a box of: Eight O'Clock 100% Colombian K-Cups Coffee, from Walmart. $10.00 for 18 pack - we'll see how they are over the new few days.

-David
dslasvegas

Postby Daisey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:10 pm

We usually buy Carabou at Sam's Club, but my boyfriend has just started buying the Daily Chef brand for himself since the price was $10 cheaper. The coffee tastes good, but the Daily Chef cups malfunction often, possibly damaging our Keurig water pump, leaving coffee grounds in the coffee and large hole in the top of the K-Cup. I only found this forum after experiencing this problem, and wanted to forewarn other K-Cup users not to buy them. I refuse to let my expensive Keurig machine get destroyed from these Daily Chef K-Cups and we will no longer buy or use any products from Daily Chef.
Daisey

Postby Daisey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:17 pm

:evil: Here is a mountain of bad reviews on the Sam's Club website: http://reviews.samsclub.com/1337/prod79 ... htm?page=1
Daisey

Postby jbviau » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:06 pm

Welcome, Daisey. This kind of thing must make Keurig reps smile. If you want a different aftermarket k-cup to try (via Amazon, for example), take a look at Brooklyn Bean. We went through a whole case of their cups without any incidents, and my wife (the primary consumer of them) liked the coffee.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby doug » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Just finished my first box of them. Everyone worked perfect. I have had a few bad ones from Green Mountain and Coffee People in the past. So I wouldn't be surprised to get a bad one very infrequently.
doug

Return to K-Cups & Vue Packs - K-Cup | Vue Pack Reviews