Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Cuisinart SS700 in Canada

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Cuisinart SS700 in Canada

Postby propofol » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:59 am

Haven't seen any reports of a place where I can buy in Canada. Anybody have any clues?
propofol

Postby propofol » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:29 pm

So I called Cuisinart Canada and they were totally unhelpful. They have no information about when it might come (if ever) AND they told me there would be no warranty if I bought one in the USA! Just another way we Canadians get screwed. FYI.
propofol

Postby jbviau » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:35 pm

Yeah, that sucks, but eventually I'm sure they'll sell it in Canada.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby sweaner » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Why would there be no warranty? Who cares where it is bought?
Scott

Bunn Trifecta MB
Bunn My Cafe
Clever Coffee Dripper
Keurig B60
Quickmill Vetrano- A Beast!
Invention: "The Podster"
sweaner

Postby coffeeortea » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:05 pm

sweaner wrote:Why would there be no warranty? Who cares where it is bought?

Well, there would be a warranty, but it wouldn't be valid in Canada. So, if there were a problem, it would be a major pain. Despite globalization of corporations, they can often have annoying policies when it comes to service and warranties.

Someone living near the US border and a US Bed Bath & Beyond could go that route. Other folks would have more difficulty.
coffeeortea

Postby starryeyes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:20 pm

Sometimes though you have to take a chance. I bought my Breadman breadmachine in the States. That was a brand not available in Canada and I've never had a problem with it. I would have been out of luck I guess if it had malfunctioned. I'm fortunate to live right on the US border though. The Cuisinart is a bit more costly so I don't think I would take a chance on it. Just for your info I sent an e-mail to Tweed & Hickory to see if they were going to carry it soon. Haven't heard back from them yet.
Bunn My Cafe Home, Nespresso Lattissima +, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II, Tassimo T46, Jura Micro Ena 9
Retired: Keurig B66, Nespresso Le Cube, Dolce Gusto Piccolo, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II (donating to my niece)
starryeyes

Postby propofol » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:13 pm

Will be interested to hear what T&H has to say!
propofol

Postby starryeyes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:31 pm

I haven't heard back yet. So much for their 24 hour promise.
Bunn My Cafe Home, Nespresso Lattissima +, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II, Tassimo T46, Jura Micro Ena 9
Retired: Keurig B66, Nespresso Le Cube, Dolce Gusto Piccolo, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II (donating to my niece)
starryeyes

Postby starryeyes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:54 pm

I just got an e-mail from Tweed & Hickory and they say the Cuisinart brewer will be arriving soon. They just don't have a firm date.
starryeyes

Postby propofol » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Awesome! Thanks for e-mailing them. I guess I'll have to bookmark their site... Funny they know about when Cuisinart itself doesn't... Hardly surprises me though.
propofol

Postby starryeyes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:29 pm

If you sign up for their newsletter that'll let you know as soon as it arrives.
starryeyes

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines