[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4854: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4855: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4856: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
CBTL water temperature : Other Single Serve Coffee Machines

Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

CBTL water temperature

Dolce Gusto, Nespresso, Lavazza, and others.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

CBTL water temperature

Postby Ardy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:11 am

What is the temperature of your CBTL machine? My Americano, on a blank coffee setting so it is just water, registered 160 degrees in the stream of water coming out, and 152 in the cup (cooling down when it hit the cup).

This seems quite low. Do the other models provide hotter temperatures? I read somewhere on here a nesspreso cupe had similar temps to the above but it brewed at 180 in the machine according to some tech specs. I had hoped the CBTLs would do better.
Ardy

Re: CBTL water temperature

Postby jar » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:16 am

I see no way to actually measure the effective temperature in one of the Caffitaly machines since it is the temperature in the capsule itself that is important.
jar

Postby jbviau » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:24 am

Welcome, Ardy. Measuring brew temp. is always tricky. Are you trying because the coffee tastes too cool, or are you just curious?
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's , , and
jbviau

Postby Ardy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:37 am

I am trying because the output seems not hot enough. In other machines I have used the coffee was almost too hot to drink and coffee in my travel mug remained nice and hot. On the Americano, drinking just a cup at home, it is noticeable not as hot. This is fine for a single cup, but my travel mug, even with prewarming, isn't working very well.

So my concern is the CBTLs in general, or my Americano specifically, don't produce hot enough output. I don't really care I guess about internal brew temps or what is ideal temperature for coffee or espresso, but I do want my coffee in my travel mug to last longer like it did before.

If others have similar temperatures in their output, or can say the CBTL isn't as hot as their Tassimo or Keurig, then I will try to find a way to heat it up more. But if people have outputs in the 180s or feel their CBTls are just as hot as other machines, then I need to look at a different CBTL model or get a different Americano.

Thanks!
Ardy

Postby jar » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:09 pm

jar

Postby ranin02 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:37 pm

ranin02

Postby jar » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Remember that the CBTL machines, even when making coffee, are using a different method than conventional brewing, it is a moderate pressure technique (3.5BAR) similar to what you get with a Moka pot.
jar

Postby Ardy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Well CBTL support came through with the below and suggested I exchange the unit because of the large drop in temperature.

"The temperature on the CBTL Americano is factory set to approximately 185 degrees. However a 20-30 degree drop in temperature once in the cup seems high, unless the coffee is left sitting for a period of time."

So I guess I'll do that, but even at 185 factory setting cup temps are not going to reach the other machines I have experience with. Guess I may just have to drink faster. :-)
Ardy

Postby Ardy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Ardy

Postby jar » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:53 pm

jar

Postby Ardy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Ardy

Postby dsharp88 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:23 am

My CBTL Contata is hotter than all 3 Nespresso machines I've owned. Additionally, the CBTL machines can be adjusted hotter by, I believe, another 6 degrees. I haven't felt the need to do so.
dsharp88

Postby joshk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:15 am

joshk

Postby jar » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:59 am

jar

Postby boberang » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 am

boberang

Next

Return to Other Single Serve Coffee Machines