Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

CBTL Kaldi+Frother+60caps =$130 @ Amazon!!!

Put your promotional codes and discounts on single serve coffee here

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

CBTL Kaldi+Frother+60caps =$130 @ Amazon!!!

Postby deandome » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:43 am

SWEEET bundle-deal @ Amazon...I had to order mine before posting this, lest you all rushed in & gobbled them up :D http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TI5AIQ/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Only the white & black are available in the bundle...fine by me, white's what I woulda gone with anyway. Still, it's a far better deal than BBB's Americano, even @ 20% off. Sounds like a better machine, too. BTW, I'm wondering if the Americano has a stainless steel boiler, like the others all do?
deandome

Re: CBTL Kaldi+Frother+60caps =$130 @ Amazon!!!

Postby jbviau » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 am

Thanks!

Mod note: Moving this to "Sales"...
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

GREAT Kaldi Bundle Deal!!

Postby deandome » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:03 pm

I guess I got too specific w/price (and maybe by placing a link?) in a post that was quickly deleted, so I'll just give you the basics & let you hunt down the details.

Kaldi (only white or black models), plus a matching CBTL frother and a sample pack of 60 CBTL capsules at a price less than that of the Contata/S03 machine's MSRP by itself!!

"WHERE?", you ask?

[close my eyes, put fingers to temple...] "I'm picturing a river...a large river, somewhere in South America"

:wink:

Hope this one is OK w/the mods!
deandome

Re: GREAT Kaldi Bundle Deal!!

Postby jbviau » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:08 pm

It wasn't deleted! ;) Just moved it to "Sales." When in doubt, click on "view your posts" toward the top. I'll merge this post into the thread you started earlier.
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby deandome » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Sorry!! Didn't know what was happening.

In many other boards, there'd be "MOVED:..." notice where the post was originally placed, so I assumed it was deleted.

Thanks!
deandome

Postby jbviau » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Hey, no worries. I'm a little quick on the draw this morning, too. Note to self: drink less coffee. Sorry for any confusion.

Last I checked, Jay's preference is for mods to not leave shadow topics when moving threads, so I roll with it.

Btw, your dancing around "Amazon" in that second post cracked me up!
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby TomC » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:33 pm

deandome wrote:SWEEET bundle-deal @ Amazon...I had to order mine before posting this, lest you all rushed in & gobbled them up :D http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TI5AIQ/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Only the white & black are available in the bundle...fine by me, white's what I woulda gone with anyway. Still, it's a far better deal than BBB's Americano, even @ 20% off. Sounds like a better machine, too. BTW, I'm wondering if the Americano has a stainless steel boiler, like the others all do?

Welcome.
I think you'll be very happy with your decision, mine is working out great for me as a travel brewer for work.
Don't be afraid to try the various capsules available from sources other than CBTL.
Also, you'll find from reading some of the threads, making small changes in ingredients, preparation or technique can produce significant changes in the results. That's the most enjoyable part of single serve espresso... instead of focusing on acheiving the proper grind, dose, tamp, preheating the brewhead to the correct temp etc. to acheive a drinkable espresso, you can let the system take care of the basics and play with varying the fun parts to create the beverage YOU enjoy the most.
Enjoy
At Work: Bunn MCU, CBTL Kaldi, Aeroccino 3
At Home: Bunn MCU, Nespresso D-120 Citiz with milk, Francis-Francis X-7, Cuisinart DBM-8 grinder, Perfect Pod Maker, various vintage vac pots, French presses, auto drip pots, gadgets and manual pour-overs
TomC

Postby MrCrispy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:48 am

Anyone know what the 60 included capsules are? This has better parts than the shopnbc offer (has the frother and Kaldi is newer model). But is it a better deal?

- wouldn't it be just as easy to heat milk in microwave and use the hand frother? With less cleanup and one less thing to plug in.
- quality of coffee is same, maybe just more plastic on Americano? And it can fit a bigger cup

I know its only $30 difference but I can use that to buy extra capsules :)
MrCrispy

Postby TomC » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:27 pm

MrCrispy wrote:Anyone know what the 60 included capsules are? This has better parts than the shopnbc offer (has the frother and Kaldi is newer model). But is it a better deal?

- wouldn't it be just as easy to heat milk in microwave and use the hand frother? With less cleanup and one less thing to plug in.
- quality of coffee is same, maybe just more plastic on Americano? And it can fit a bigger cup

From the description on the Amazon.con website... the included capsules are: House Brew, French Brew, Italian Espresso Bold, Espresso Premium, Chai Tea, and English Breakfast Tea

I think the Kaldi is a better built machine myself. I can't weigh in on the CBTL frother, I already had a Nespresso Aeroccino 3 and an Aerolatte so I didn't need to purchase another one.
At Work: Bunn MCU, CBTL Kaldi, Aeroccino 3
At Home: Bunn MCU, Nespresso D-120 Citiz with milk, Francis-Francis X-7, Cuisinart DBM-8 grinder, Perfect Pod Maker, various vintage vac pots, French presses, auto drip pots, gadgets and manual pour-overs
TomC

Postby deandome » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Tom is correct on the coffees.

Just got my machine & quickly made a cup of cappuccino, using the Esprssso Premium & Milk Frother. In a word....LOVINGIT! great crema on the coffee, and the milk frother is just amazing. Add milk, close lid, push a button & in about 60-90 sec, I had PERFECT, dense foam & hot milk....a LOT easier than using a microwave would be (where you'd have to clean the milk container & hand frother, the same # & type of items as this frother).

The interior is nonstick, if you do it quickly, rinsing pot & frothing wand under hot water will clean it completely (no touching/scrubbing). BTW, I noticed a similarity to the Keurig frother ($70-80), so I looked that one up on YouTube to see the 'innards', and low&behold, it's IDENTICAL. The only difference is the shape of the pot.

But bottom line, you cannot get just a Kaldi BY ITSELF for $130 or less anywhere else, so even if you don't care about the frother, this bundle is still the best deal for the machine.

MrCrispy wrote:Anyone know what the 60 included capsules are? This has better parts than the shopnbc offer (has the frother and Kaldi is newer model). But is it a better deal?

deandome

Postby deandome » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Just saw the Shopnbc bundle. I really don't think it's a fair comparison, as that little hand frother is NOTHING llike the automatic frothing/heating pot made by CBTL/Caffitaly (and/our Keurig). The CBTL sells for $50+ by itself, and it's a LOT simpler, and just as easy to clean as what you suggest.

And w/the hand frother, you have to stand there like an idiot for one minute+ holding the frother, AFTER you put it in/take it out of microwave. Compared to pouring cold milk into the CBTL, putting it on it's base, pushing a button on the machine that turns off automatically...I can't see how anyone would prefer your method.

Another nice thing 'bout this frother...the bottom of it is completely cool when you lift if off the base. I thought it'd be hot/warm, but there's no risk of burning anything here.

deandome

Postby MrCrispy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Ok I'm sold. But the price on this keeps dropping!

http://camelcamelcamel.com/CBTL-Single- ... B004TI5AIQ

I wonder if I should wait a few more days, at this rate it'll hit $100 soon.
MrCrispy

Postby deandome » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:22 am

First....THANKS!!! I just called Amazon & they refunded the $13 difference between when I ordered it last week & the new price. The dude was so freaking nice (and American, I believe)...I was shocked at how easy it was.

I COULD have waited another week or two...but even with the slick site you clued me in on, it seemed a bit of a hassle to keep eying it for anther week + just to save a few more $$...or risk it going up again! So since Amazon clearly will adjust pricing in your favor for 2-3 weeks after purchase, you might want to jump aboard soon, as I really don't think it could go below $100. BTW, the Amazon Cust. Service # is 800-201-7575.

Thanks again!!!

Thanks again!
MrCrispy wrote:Ok I'm sold. But the price on this keeps dropping!

http://camelcamelcamel.com/CBTL-Single- ... B004TI5AIQ

I wonder if I should wait a few more days, at this rate it'll hit $100 soon.
deandome

Postby MrCrispy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:56 am

My turn to say thanks :) I didn't know Amazon would refund the price difference, in the past they haven't done it. I'm going to order it tomorrow.
MrCrispy

Postby ranin02 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Amazon's official policy is that they do not do price adjustments on anything except TVs:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... #postorder

You may be able to get an exception as deandome did, I just wouldn't count on it. Of course, you could always re-purchase at the new price and return at the old price if it is enough of a savings to cover your return shipping. So it seems rather silly that they wouldn't just match it.

That being said, the bundle at $115 is an amazing deal -- wish I needed one :-)
ranin02

Next

Return to Sales & Discount Codes