Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

caffitaly and lavazza capsules

Dolce Gusto, Nespresso, Lavazza, and others.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

caffitaly and lavazza capsules

Postby keiiferrer » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi, i'm new to the forum and also new to single serve coffee. I read somewhere that lavazza blue and caffitaly capsules are the same size and that you can use them on caffitaly machines, is this true? the reason why i'm asking is because i can get a nautilus caffitaly machine cheaper than a lavazza gaggia one, and i also read that the caffitaly capsule system used on the nautilus is getting discontinued in favor of a new system developed by caffitaly (i've read a lot, lol).

I don't want to buy a machine and then run into the problem of not finding capsules for it, so please, any help on this will be appreciated, thanks!
keiiferrer

Postby jbviau » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Welcome! Wish I could help, but I know nothing about these machines. Hopefully someone else will be along soon to clarify. The capsules do appear similar:

http://www.coffeewiz.com/Lavazza-Blue/

http://www.caffitaly.com/en/capsula_per ... _caffe.asp
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby keiiferrer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:26 am

Hi, thanks for the reply, i was thinking the same thing by looking at them... they do look similar, and someone stated that they are the same size... if someone knows please confirm this
keiiferrer

Re: caffitaly and lavazza capsules

Postby thebarak » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:39 pm

I think they are different and incompatible. I've only seen photos of the Lavazza's but to my eye they seem to be a different shape. The CaffItaly system is now in the US, sold by The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, so you can just walk in and buy machines and capsules. (see CBTL.com). I tried the CBTL machines it this week, comparing them to the Nespresso's, and I think they compare favorably, and are priced much lower!
Switched to Single Serve...
after years of home espresso making.
Started with Bosch Tassimo,
then moved across to Keurig B60.
thebarak

Re: caffitaly and lavazza capsules

Postby jar » Wed May 25, 2011 2:19 pm

The Lavazza top is just a hair to big to fit in the Caffitaly system and the Caffitaly capsules small enough to fall right through the Lavazza Blue.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Return to Other Single Serve Coffee Machines