Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Bunn MCU problem

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Bunn MCU problem

Postby roach56 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:35 pm

I Took the first machine back after 1 week. I roast my own coffee and grind fresh for each cup. Both machines brewed fine for 1-2 days after that, I get about half a cup and then it gets loud and spits foam. I eventually get a cup minus what ends up all over the machine. Are fresh grounds too much for this pump? I backed my grind off quite a bit.

thanks
roach56

Re: Bunn MCU problem

Postby jar » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Why not contact Bunn and send them some scaled images of the grind you use? Also, cut open a couple commercial pods that work well with your Bunn.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby roach56 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:50 pm

I went ahead and did a cleaning of the machine . It brews as it should now. Not sure why it would have needed cleaned after only a couple days. I have well water and it is heavy in mineral deposits. I descale my other machines regularly but a couple days. I may have to use bottle water on this machine.
roach56

Postby jar » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:00 am

roach56 wrote:I went ahead and did a cleaning of the machine . It brews as it should now. Not sure why it would have needed cleaned after only a couple days. I have well water and it is heavy in mineral deposits. I descale my other machines regularly but a couple days. I may have to use bottle water on this machine.

Just don't use distilled water. There have to me some minerals in there for the sensors.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines