Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Blinking light problem with Melitta one:one?

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Blinking light problem with Melitta one:one?

Postby fishstick » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:49 pm

Has anyone else had this problem, have any advice?

I have a Melitta one:one machine that was given as a present. It has worked great for over a year until last week when I noticed that the coffee was tasting watery and then 2 days ago it won't brew at all. The middle button flashes red as it usually does when it is getting ready to brew, then the light goes steady as normal when it's ready.

But, when I hit either the 1/2 cup or full cup brew buttons, the middle button flashes red quickly as it would do when it needs more water. I've tried unplugging, trying to drain the water, clean it, everything I can think of but it won't work.

I'm ready to just toss it and go get a new machine, but I just stocked up on pods so I thought before I go get a different machine I'd hunt around on the net to see if anyone has had this before and I found this forum. I've also thought about calling salton to see about getting repair, but the unit is >1 year old and out of warranty and it will likely be cheaper/better to just get a new brewer.

Any help/advice appreciated.
fishstick

Postby Alice2 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:21 pm

De-scale.
KitchenAid Single-- Keurig B30 red-- Keurig B30 black (non-leaking version)-- KitchenAid Compact 4-Cupper ('cute lil' red coffeemaker)-- Mr. Coffee Drip (don't ask why, it just is.) I nailed a re-tread to my feet and I prayed for better weather
Alice2

Postby sweaner » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:23 am

If de-scaling does not work, you can pick up a new one on eBay quite cheaply.
Scott

Bunn Trifecta MB
Bunn My Cafe
Clever Coffee Dripper
Keurig B60
Quickmill Vetrano- A Beast!
Invention: "The Podster"
sweaner

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines