Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Best Crema?

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Best Crema?

Postby thwomp » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi Folks,
I have outgrown my Senseo and I am looking for a new single serve coffee maker. The most important feature for me is the crema. I can happily switch between pods/cups/grounds/whathave you.

I have been trying to recreate the 'cafe creme' experience from paris cafe's for some time, and I suspect the crema is the biggest part that I am missing with my french press.

In your opinion, which single serve coffee maker makes the absolute best crema?

Thanks!
thwomp

Postby VydorScope » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:09 pm

As far as I know pod maker that produces crema (or as some here like to point out as fast as they can fuax crema) is the Senseo. So you can eliminate all the pod, and K-Cup machines from your search with that one broad stroke. :)
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Postby sweaner » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:04 pm

I have used an inexpensive pump espresso machine for pods. You can then brew espresso or coffee with crema, and steam milk if you desire. I have a Delonghi Bar 32, which works nicely.
Scott

Bunn Trifecta MB
Bunn My Cafe
Clever Coffee Dripper
Keurig B60
Quickmill Vetrano- A Beast!
Invention: "The Podster"
sweaner

Postby VydorScope » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:10 pm

sweaner wrote:I have used an inexpensive pump espresso machine for pods. You can then brew espresso or coffee with crema, and steam milk if you desire. I have a Delonghi Bar 32, which works nicely.

Yes, I do also, but I wonder if a Nespresso or Tastimo (no idea on spelling) are better matches for him?
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Re: Best Crema?

Postby jar » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:31 am

thwomp wrote:Hi Folks,
I have outgrown my Senseo and I am looking for a new single serve coffee maker. The most important feature for me is the crema. I can happily switch between pods/cups/grounds/whathave you.

I have been trying to recreate the 'cafe creme' experience from paris cafe's for some time, and I suspect the crema is the biggest part that I am missing with my french press.

In your opinion, which single serve coffee maker makes the absolute best crema?

Thanks!

None.

To get creme you need a high pressure system and Single Serve Coffee machines are generally low pressure.

For the convenience of single serve as well as creme, maybe you want to consider either the Nesprsso single serve espresso system or the Lavazza system.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby jeff1014 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:54 am

the Tassimo will produce a crema
Bunn My Cafe-Tassimo-Cuisinart SS-1
Keurig B 60 (retired)
Senseo (the $15 one)
all above destroyed by lightning except the Senseo and replaced with
New Tassimo, new Bunn MC-1 new Keurig VUE v600
Coffee Preference=Black, strong,rich & smooth
jeff1014

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines