[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4854: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4855: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4856: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
Any 100% Kona K-Cups? : K-Cups & Vue Packs - K-Cup | Vue Pack Reviews

Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Any 100% Kona K-Cups?

Write your reviews of K-Cups and Vue Packs you find here.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Any 100% Kona K-Cups?

Postby aab1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:49 am

I almost only drink loose leaf tea using the My K Cup adapter but on rare occasions I do drink coffee and for those times I want to have really good coffee and would prefer K-Cups so each portion stays fresh since I so rarely drink coffee. When I had my Melitta 1:1 many years ago I had gotten Kona pods and they were my favorite coffee. Since there are like 150 times of K-Cups I was certain I'd find 100% Kona K-Cups but there seem to only be Kona blends, am I right?

Looks like I may have to get it in pods and empty them in My K Cup (not sure it would be worth getting the pod holster if I'd use it so rarely).

Other than Kona, what K-Cups of coffee are really good? I think I prefer a light roast by the way.
aab1

Postby jbviau » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:37 am

You're right about there being no 100% Kona k-cups. See the link to my review thread in my signature below for what I think are good k-cups, but you might want to check out NDJollymon's thread instead since he's more into light and medium roasts like you seem to enjoy.

As an aside, if I had some 100% Kona grounds, I'd brew them some other way than in the My K-cup. Maybe a French Press or one of those over-the-cup drip filters. I just don't think you'd get the most out of the beans using the My K-cup. The brew cycle is too fast.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's , , and
jbviau

Postby NDJollyMon » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:22 pm

Pete (Jolly Mon) -
Forum Moderator
Behmor 1600 Coffee Roaster
Baratza Maestro Plus grinder
Aeropress
Bodum French Press
NDJollyMon

Postby jar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:45 am

jar

Postby jbviau » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:58 am

Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's , , and
jbviau

Postby aab1 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:12 pm

aab1

Postby jar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:29 pm

jar

Postby BooksCatsCoffee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:47 pm

To keep things simple, wouldn't the K-Cup Holster and some 100% Kona Pods work? The few times I've used the Holster it does a fine job of brewing a pod, but ymmv, of course.

aab1, I know you usually use the My K-Cup, but if you only want a cup of Kona every once and a while, I'd think the Holster/Pod route would help keep the coffee fresher since the pods are sealed. Just my take.

(Yes, I realize that a freshly ground cup of Kona is amazing! :mrgreen: )
Nespresso Pixie (office)
Nespresso Citiz
Handpresso Wild
Breville, and Keurig Mini (office)
BooksCatsCoffee

Postby springles » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:24 pm

A little off topic but you guys were talking about pulsing the coffee and I have had trouble doing that with my B66. When I open the lid (just a drop) and then close it the machine gives a random amount of coffee, sometimes more than the 5.25 oz and sometimes less. Any ideas?
springles

Postby springles » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:02 pm

springles

Postby jar » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:05 pm

jar

Return to K-Cups & Vue Packs - K-Cup | Vue Pack Reviews